Thursday, September 17, 2009

Into the Looking Glass...

I think your whole life shows in your face and you should be proud of that. ~Lauren Bacall

"A portrait is a picture of anybody. A self-portrait is a picture of yourself." -DonutDude

We looked very carefully in a mirror and created a portrait of ourselves...a SELF-PORTRAIT.

"First we made our self-portrait: eyes, nose, mouth, ears, hair. Then we cut it out, put it on the colored paper, cut it out, then put the 3D o's on the back, then put it on the pattern sheet." -Hunter

We created PATTERN on our background...

" A pattern is a thing repeated again and again." -Sarah

"I used pattern in my background which has peace signs everywhere and hearts a lot. It makes my project a lot better." -Kailyn

"I have gold spots on my project and I have silver eye balls. I Have zigzags on my project, too." -Austin

And we learned about the ELEMENTS of art along the way...

"In my shirt I used curved, straight, and ragged LINES. In my hair I used ragged LINES. And in my glasses I used straight and curved LINES." -P.Money

"I have used LINE in my hair- jagged, and shirt- repeated and curvy." -BigSquishy

"We used ovals for the eyes, head, shirt, and lips (SHAPE)." -Shamrock

"I use the element of COLOR by blending gold and brown to make my hair." -Branson

"My shirt is a primary COLOR and two secondary COLORS." -Seth

Reflections on our artwork...

"I am proud that I could work on this and get it done without giving up." -Haley

"I would title mine Look-A-Like. I would name it that because it looks just like me." -Choclates

"I learned that you need to be nice and careful." -Kayla

"The easiest thing to do on the project was the nose." -Bob

"I think the hair was the most difficult thing to do because it had a lot of lines and squiggles." -MaxPitts44

"I think people will like my project because it looks like me." -Sapphire

"I think my biggest challenge was making my eyes look perfect and the same I don't know why, but it was." -RallyCat

"I don't mean to brag, but I think I did great on it because the background didn't distract you from the portrait." -Blaze

When I take it home, "I will go to my room and hang it up on my wall." -Dimond




Artwork shown was created by:
Erika, Haley, Braxton, Sean, Blaze, RallyCat, WildChild, Gwen, BigSquishy, Branson, Bob, JellyBean8, & Choclates

No comments:

Post a Comment